from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To console (someone); to comfort, look after.
- v. To inspire with new courage; to encourage.
- v. To reinvigorate, to strengthen.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To comfort again; to console anew; to give new strength to.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To give new strength to.
- To comfort again; console anew.
From Anglo-Norman recomforter, Middle French reconforter, from re- + conforter. (Wiktionary)