from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of several shrubs or small trees of the genus Cercis, having flat pods and pinkish flowers that bloom before the leaves appear. Also called Judas tree.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of several small trees, of the genus Cercis, having purple-pink flowers that appear before the leaves; the Judas tree.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small ornamental leguminous tree of the American species of the genus Cercis. See Judas tree, under Judas.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any tree of the American species of Cercis; the Judas-tree.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small shrubby tree of eastern North America similar to the Judas tree having usually pink flowers; found in damp sheltered underwood
red + bud (Wiktionary)