from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Nautical A square knot used in reefing sails.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A knot used to securely tie two pieces of rope together, or to reef sails
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. the knot which is used in tying reef pointss. See Illust. under Knot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To tie in a reef-knot, as a line.
- n. Same as square knot (which see, under knot).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a square knot used in a reef line
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.