from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of reefing (taking in a sail); an act of reefing; also used of clothing.
- n. A reef (seam of quartz).
- v. Present participle of reef.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The process of taking in a reef.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In upholstery, the gathering up of the material of a curtain, valance, or the like, as in short festoons.
- n. In mining, the process of taking out ore-rock.
Sorry, no etymologies found.