from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of reflex.
- adj. turned backwards
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Bent backward or outward.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, bent abruptly backward: said of petals, sepals, leaf-veins, etc.
- In zoology, bent back or up; reflex.
- In heraldry, curved twice: same as bowed, but applied especially to the chain secured to the collar of a beast, which often takes an S-curve. Also reflected.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of leaves) bent downward and outward more than 90 degrees
Sorry, no etymologies found.