Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A monk who demands or favors the reform of his order.
- n. A military officer who, for some disgrace, is deprived of his command, but retains his rank and perhaps his pay; also, generally, an officer without a command.
- Penitent; reformed; devoted to reformation.
- Pertaining to or in the condition of a reformado; hence, inferior, degraded.
- n. A monk of a reformed order.
- n. A disgraced officer who is deprived of command, but retains rank and sometimes pay.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. obsolete A monk of a reformed order.
- n. obsolete An officer who, in disgrace, is deprived of his command, but retains his rank, and sometimes his pay.
- Spanish, from reformar, Latin reformare. (Wiktionary)
“Nada en la nación hondureña puede estar por encima de este artículo 280, constitucional, reformado el 19 de septiembre, 1998, por Decreto 245–98, y que dice”
“Thou runnest on with thy cursed nonsensical reformado rote, of dying, dying, dying! and, having once got the word by the end, canst not help foisting it in at every period!”
“Mas será que a esquerda portuguesa não tem melhor para a representar do que um típico reformado ou pior, um poeta que eu francamente espero que seja melhor deputado do que poeta, a bem das nossas leis?”
“I must speak freely to you: I am under bad circumstances, for besides my harlots in service, my reformado concubines lye heavy upon me.”
“So he took my challenge, which was accepted; we went out, Lord C---'s servant being seconded by a reformado footman from the Palace.”
“So he took my challenge, which was accepted; we went out, Lord C---'s servant being seconded by a reformado footman from the palace.”
“Louie reformado photography coverage services on wedding occasions,”
“Chalet reformado de unos 105 m² - terreno de aprox. 400 m² - 2 dormitorios, cocina equipada, 1 baño, salón-comedor ámplio con chimenea, terraza, garaje, depósito grande de 25.000 l, a aprox. 2 km de la playa.”
“So he took my challenge, which was accepted; we went out, Lord C-‘s servant being seconded by a reformado footman from the palace.”
“‘I hen it fell under the dominion of a broken attorney, who was dethroned by a reformado captain, who, proving tyrannical, was deposed by a hedgeparson, who was succeeded, upon resignation of his power, by Duke Jacob Hildebrod, of that name the first, whom Heaven long preserve.””
These user-created lists contain the word ‘reformado’.
A list of words that are odd or words that I have looked up.
Words with definitions that have a "hence" in them.
Looking for tweets for reformado.