Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cooling; mitigating heat.
- n. Anything which refrigerates; a refrigerant; a refrigerator; any vessel, chamber, or pipe in which cooling is effected.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. Mitigating heat; cooling.
- n. In distillation, a vessel filled with cold water, surrounding the worm, the vapor in which is thereby condensed.
- n. The chamber, or tank, in which ice is formed, in an ice machine.
- Compare French réfrigératoire. (Wiktionary)
“I have in my own experience proved the sitz to be cogitatory, consolatory, quiescent, refrigeratory, revivificatory, or all these together.”
“In the mean time, the leaves of oaks abundantly congested on snow, preserve it as well for wine, as a deep pit, or the most artificial refrigeratory.”
Looking for tweets for refrigeratory.