from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. That which refrigerates or cools.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Mitigating heat; cooling.
- n. In distillation, a vessel filled with cold water, surrounding the worm, the vapor in which is thereby condensed.
- n. The chamber, or tank, in which ice is formed, in an ice machine.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Cooling; mitigating heat.
- n. Anything which refrigerates; a refrigerant; a refrigerator; any vessel, chamber, or pipe in which cooling is effected.
Compare French réfrigératoire. (Wiktionary)