from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A word, sound, or phrase that is repeated; a refrain.
- n. Mathematics The digit or group of digits that repeats infinitely in a repeating decimal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A refrain (having repeated words, sounds or phrases)
- n. A repeating decimal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That part of a circulating decimal which recurs continually, ad infinitum: -- sometimes indicated by a dot over the first and last figures; thus, in the circulating decimal .728328328 + (otherwise .7�8�), the repetend is 283.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In arithmetic, that part of a repeating decimal which recurs continually; the circulate.
- n. Something which is or has to be repeated, as the burden of a song.
From Latin repetendum, neuter gerundive of repetere, to repeat; see repeat.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)