Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of disclosing or producing to view something concealed.
- n. obsolete Disclosure or detection of something concealed.
- n. engineering Detection through a concealing layer. (Note: this use is somewhat specific to electrical engineering and related fields investigating the uses of T-Ray Sensing.)
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. obsolete Act of disclosing or uncovering something concealed.
- In 2002 a paper to be titled "Powder detection using THz imaging" (by Wang, Ferguson, Manella, Abbot and Zhang) was mistakenly published as "Powder retection using THz imaging" in OSA Trends in Optics and Photonics, Proceedings of Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, vol.73. (recounted in Proceedings of the IEEE, vol 95, No. 8 August 2007, page 1511, Scanning the Issue: T-Ray Imaging, Sensing and Retection by Derek Abbott and Xi-Cheng Zhang) (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘retection’.
Ay, ay, the best terms will grow obsolete: damns have had their day. -- Richard Brinsley Sheridan (1751-1816)
Obsolete, rare, and obscure words culled from my Wordie/Wordnik Curio Cabi...
Looking for tweets for retection.