from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An instrument for measuring the flow of viscous liquids, such as blood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A device used to measure the flow properties of fluids with variable viscosity.
- n. A device used to measure the flow of electric current: an ammeter
- n. A flowmeter, especially for water or blood.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for measuring currents, especially the force or intensity of electrical currents; a galvanometer.
- n. An instrument for measuring the velocity of the blood current in the arteries.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument for measuring an electric current; an electrometer or galvanometer.
- n. An instrument for measuring the velocity of the blood-flow.
- n. In electricity, a resistance-box with bridge-coils; a combined Wheatstone bridge and rheostat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an instrument for measuring the flow of liquids (especially arterial blood)
From rheo- + -meter (Wiktionary)