from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Examination of the nasal passages by means of a speculum or similar instrument.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. examination of the nasal passages using an endoscope or speculum; nasal endoscopy
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The examination or study of the soft palate, posterior nares, etc., by means of a laryngoscopic mirror introduced into the pharynx.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The inspection of the nares with a rhinoscope from behind (posterior rhinoscopy), or with a nasal speculum from in front (anterior rhinoscopy).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. examination of the nasal passages (either through the anterior nares or with a rhinoscope through the nasopharynx)
rhino- + -scopy (Wiktionary)