from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License

  • n. Type of firearm cartridge where the primer is in the back rim, rather than a central primer cap. They are cheap to produce but can not be reloaded with powder.


rim +‎ fire (Wiktionary)


Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.

  • *guffaw*
    Thanks, Froggy, for the chuckle!

    September 11, 2009

  • A good hemorrhoidal cream might help.

    September 11, 2009