from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- abbr. ritardando
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- 3d pers. sing. pres. of ride, contracted from rideth.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To tear; break; rend; strike.
- To make an incision in the ground, with a spade or other instrument, as a line of direction for future delving or digging; rip; scratch; cut.
- n. A slight incision made in the ground, as with a spade; a scratch made on a board, etc.
- To dry (hemp or flax).
- A Middle English form of the third person singular present indicative of ride (contracted from rideth).
- n. Abbreviations of ritardando.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. gradually decreasing in tempo
Sorry, no etymologies found.