from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The coffee plant Coffea canephora that is commercially grown but whose beans are of lesser quality than arabica beans.
- n. The seed of this plant.
- n. The coffee brewed from the seeds of this plant.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An African coffee plant.
- n. Coffee made from the robusta coffee bean.
Latin rōbusta, feminine of rōbustus, strong; see robust.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Latin robusta, feminine of robustus ("strong"). (Wiktionary)