from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See spiny lobster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a crustacean of the family Palinuridae
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. any one of several species of large spinose lobsters of the genera Panulirus and Palinurus. They have no large claws. Called also spiny lobster, and sea crayfish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See lobster, 2, and cut under Palinurus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. warm-water lobsters without claws; those from Australia and South Africa usually marketed as frozen tails; caught also in Florida and California
- n. large edible marine crustacean having a spiny carapace but lacking the large pincers of true lobsters
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.