from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. Sports To hit (another player's ball) in croquet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In croquet, the act of hitting another live ball with the striker's ball, from which croquet is then taken.
- v. In croquet, to hit another live ball with the striker's ball, from which croquet is then taken.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To hit, as another's ball, with one's own ball.
- intransitive v. To hit another's ball with one's own.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the game of croquet, to cause one's ball to strike (another ball), entitling the player to place his own ball beside that he has struck and to continue in play.
- n. In the game of croquet, a stroke by which a player roquets another ball.
- n. A lizard of the genus Liocephalus.
Alteration of croquet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)