from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang Raw, inferior liquor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. raw or poor quality alcoholic liquor
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Bad small beer.
- n. Any bad spirituous liquor, especially when adulterated so as to be very deleterious.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Bad or adulterated liquor, injurious to the stomach and bowels; in the United States, specifically, whisky adulterated with deleterious substances to cheapen it while increasing its apparent strength.
- Injurious and corrosive: said of bad liquor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any alcoholic beverage of inferior quality
rot + gut (Wiktionary)