from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To hew coarsely, without smoothing.
- v. To give the first form or shape to; to form rudely and approximately; to roughcast.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To hew coarsely, without smoothing.
- transitive v. To give the first form or shape to; to form rudely; to shape approximately and rudely; to roughcast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To hew coarsely without smoothing, as timber; hence, to give a rough or crude form to, as if by hewing.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. hew roughly, without finishing the surface
rough + hew (Wiktionary)