American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A style of handwriting in which the letters are rounded and full rather than angular.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A style of penmanship in which the letters are round and full.
- n. A style of bowling in cricket in which the arm is brought round horizontally. See round-arm. Imp. Dict.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. a style of penmanship in which the letters are formed in nearly an upright position, and each separately distinct; -- distinguished from
- n. a clearly written style of longhand with large round curves
“Maigret was busy with an unglamorous but nevertheless useful task: pressing the pen firmly on the paper, in his big round hand he was summarising the various pieces of information about the gang of Poles obtained by means of police traps during the past fortnight.”
“Irish round hand is closely akin to the half-uncial character of fifth and sixth century Latin writings found on the Continent.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘round hand’.
List of words and phrases referring to the hand, hands, fist, or derivatives of the Latin manus, beginning with left-handed.
For a more comprehensive list, see Hernesheir's Handy Words.
For trivet's wonderful list of handy compounds, see handie.
Looking for tweets for round hand.