Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sitting or session: as, a spiritualistic séance, in which intercourse is alleged to be held with spirits.
- n. A ceremony where people try to communicate with the spirits of dead people, usually led by a medium.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A session, as of some public body; especially, a meeting of spiritualists to receive spirit communications, so called.
- n. a meeting of spiritualists
- From French séance ("sitting, session"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘séance’.
This is Ghost List 2 ( the kind that go 'boo!' ) :P
( open list )
Hard words level 1
Words I like!
( personal list, favorite words, randomness )
Crap in my backpack; the lab.
* self-reminder: simpler spelling, oldest english words, bahuvrihi words?, anchor-ideas, dbrwntrix
* surviva-list: locavore, cowpooling, occupatile...
first shot at a wordie list.
Looking for tweets for séance.