from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A protective casing of fire clay in which delicate ceramic articles are fired.
- n. Clay used to make ceramic casings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A box or casing of clay used to protect delicate ceramics during firing; a saggar
- n. term for a young male who wears trousers very low on his hips, exposing underwear and/or his buttocks or lower abdominals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pot or case of fire clay, in which fine stoneware is inclosed while baking in the kiln; a seggar.
- n. The clay of which such pots or cases are made.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Another spelling of saggar.
Do you end up with a deep burnt molasses Dulux colour chart sagger?
For pressing saggers, there needs to be enough distance to remove the sagger easily.
In fact, there is an entire section in the clay-shop devoted to nothing but sagger making.
"Is the same sort of clay sagger used for the glazed as well as for the unglazed wares?"
People mining sagger clay (used in pottery) get the same generous 14% federal depletion allowance accorded to people extracting clam shells, oyster shells and spodumene (never mind what that is).
Dude, is this the same Russian anti-tank missile used in the '74 conflict against the Israelis? great video btw! no my friend, that was the "AT3 - sagger - Malyutka" guided missile (with wire) .. the Kornet-E started development in 1988 and used by the Russian army starting from 1994
Hours before his James Madison football team's season-opener, Mickey Matthews strode into Gold's Gym for a workout late Saturday morning, looking less stressed than a mall-dwelling sagger.
Glover, a 29-year-old former sagger who still admits to an occasional offense, said kids today have taken the trend too far, exposing too much of their backsides.
Glover, a 29-year-old former sagger who admits to an occasional offense still, said kids today have taken the trend too far, exposing too much of their backsides.
This time, however, it is a more difficult matter to pack it into the saggers since it must neither touch the sides of the sagger nor come in contact with any other piece.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.