from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A protective casing of fire clay in which delicate ceramic articles are fired.
- n. Clay used to make ceramic casings.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A box or casing of clay used to protect delicate ceramics during firing; a saggar
- n. term for a young male who wears trousers very low on his hips, exposing underwear and/or his buttocks or lower abdominals.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A pot or case of fire clay, in which fine stoneware is inclosed while baking in the kiln; a seggar.
- n. The clay of which such pots or cases are made.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Another spelling of saggar.
Perhaps alteration of safeguard.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)