from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of various large trouts, especially the lake trout, the seatrout, or the steelhead.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. rainbow trout
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A name that is also applied locally to the adult black spotted trout (Salmo purpuratus), and to the steel head and other large trout of the Pacific coast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of salmon.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. flesh of marine trout that migrate from salt to fresh water
- n. speckled trout of European rivers; introduced in North America
- n. large fork-tailed trout of lakes of Canada and the northern United States
Sorry, no etymologies found.