American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various large trouts, especially the lake trout, the seatrout, or the steelhead.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of salmon. Specifically— The Salmo trutta, a species which in value ranks next to the salmon itself. It resembles the salmon in form and color, and is, like it, migratory, ascending rivers to deposit its spawn. See cut under
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Zoöl.) A name that is also applied locally to the adult black spotted trout (Salmo purpuratus), and to the steel head and other large trout of the Pacific coast.
- n. flesh of marine trout that migrate from salt to fresh water
- n. speckled trout of European rivers; introduced in North America
- n. large fork-tailed trout of lakes of Canada and the northern United States
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘salmon trout’.
Looking for tweets for salmon trout.