from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The fallopian tube.
- n. The eustachian tube.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Fallopian tube
- n. Eustachian tube
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The Eustachian tube, or the Fallopian tube.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A Fallopian tube.
- n. A Eustachian tube, or syrinx.
- n. [capitalized] In entomology, a genus of lepidopterous insects.
- n. An ancient Greek military trumpet of metal having a straight, flaring tube. It was used for signals. Compare the Roman tuba (tuba, 4).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tube in the uterus or the ear
New Latin, from Greek salpinx, trumpet.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)