from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of the genus Santalum of trees with entire opposite leaves and small apetalous flowers.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A genus of trees with entire opposite leaves and small apetalous flowers. There are less than a dozen species, occurring from India to Australia and the Pacific Islands. See sandalwood.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of apetalous trees and shrubs, the sandalwoods, type of the order Santalaceæ, belonging to the tribe Osyrideæ.
- n. [lowercase] The wood of Pterocarpus Santalinus, often called red saunders.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. parasitic trees of Indonesia and Malaysia
See sandalwood. (Wiktionary)