American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A dry fruit that splits at maturity into two or more closed, one-seeded parts, as in the carrot or mallow.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In botany, a dry fruit which at maturity splits or otherwise separates into two or more one-seeded indehiscent carpels. The component carpels of such a fruit are called cocci. See regma, and cut under coccus.
- n. botany A dry fruit that develops from multiple carpels and splits into multiple, one-seeded mericarps at maturity
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Bot.) A dry fruit which splits at maturity into several closed one-seeded portions.
- n. a dry dehiscent fruit that at maturity splits into two or more parts each with a single seed
“As i reverend, when a benniseed cystoplegia a capital schizocarp to a pq, the strip is brownshirt to the end of the tiredly gene.”
These user-created lists contain the word ‘schizocarp’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
All the words from the Grandiloquent Dictionary.
946 of these 2700 words do not yield any results in six different dictionaries, hence many of them might be misspellings.
Interesting words worth @ least 15 points.
divided or split; relating to schizophrenia
Looking for tweets for schizocarp.