from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A building used as a school.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A building housing a school, especially a small or single-room one.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A house appropriated for the use of a school or schools, or for instruction.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A building appropriated for use as a school.
- n. The dwelling house, generally attached to or adjoining a school, provided by the school authorities for the use of the schoolmaster or schoolmistress.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a building where young people receive education
school + house (Wiktionary)