American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. Any of various sedentary tunicates of the class Ascidiacea, having a transparent sac-shaped body with two siphons. Also called ascidian.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any ascidian or tunicate: so called from their squirting water when they contract.
- n. Any sessile tunicate, of the class Ascidiacea, which squirts water from two openings when touched; they are filter feeders
GNU Webster's 1913
- (Zoöl.) An ascidian. See
- n. ascidian that can contract its body and eject streams of water
- From its habit of squirting water when disturbed. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sea squirt’.
These are just some random words that I might find a list for someday.
Looking for tweets for sea squirt.