from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See sea squirt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of the class Ascidiacea (the sea squirts)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the Ascidioidea, or in a more general sense, one of the Tunicata. Also as an adj.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or belonging to the Ascidia or Tunicata.
- n. One of the Ascidia or Tunicata; a sea-squirt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. minute sedentary marine invertebrate having a saclike body with siphons through which water enters and leaves
From New Latin Ascidia, genus name, from Greek askidion, diminutive of askos, wineskin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)