from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The policy of those maintaining the right of secession.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The doctrine or policy of secession.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The doctrine or policy of secession; the tenets of secession; the tenets of secessionists.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The doctrine of secession; the principle that affirms the right of a person or party to secede, separate, or withdraw from a political or religious organization, or the right of a state to secede at its pleasure from a federal union.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a doctrine that maintains the right of secession
secession + -ism (Wiktionary)