from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A bed of soil cultivated for planting seeds.
- n. An area or source of growth or gradual manifestation: a seedbed of revolution.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Ground prepared for the planting of seeds.
- n. A place conducive to fulfillment.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a bed where seedlings are grown before transplanting
Sorry, no etymologies found.