from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Music An interval equal to a half tone in the standard diatonic scale. Also called half step, halftone.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. (UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand) The musical interval equal (exactly or approximately) to half a tone or one-twelfth of an octave
- n. (UK, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand) Any of the pitches of the chromatic scale
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Half a tone; -- the name commonly applied to the smaller intervals of the diatonic scale.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In music, an interval approximately equal to half of a tone; a minor second; a half-step.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the musical interval between adjacent keys on a keyboard instrument
Sorry, no etymologies found.