from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Consisting mainly of vegetables and foods made from cereal grains, with occasional inclusion of fish, chicken, or red meat: a semivegetarian diet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Being a semivegetarian (in either sense).
- adj. Fit for a semivegetarian to eat; that is, not containing certain kinds of flesh.
- n. One who does not eat certain kinds of flesh (often red meat).
- n. One who does not eat very much flesh.
From semi- + vegetarian. (Wiktionary)