from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of sephirah.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the cabala, the Sephiroth are the ten attributes or intelligences which form the Adam Kadmon, the ‘Primordial man’ (the Deity). These attributes emanate from the En-Soph, the ‘Infinite.’ Their names are as follows: Kether, 'the crown
- H˙akmah, ‘wisdom’
- Binah, ‘intelligence’
- H˙esed, ‘mercy’ or ‘love’
- Pah˙ad, Geburah, or Din, ‘strength and justice’
- Tiphereth, ‘beauty’
- Netsah˙, ‘firmness’ or ‘victory’
- Hod, ‘majesty’ or ‘splendor’
- Yesod, ‘foundation’
- (10) Malkuth, ‘kingdom.’ The Sephiroth are divided in three categories called 'Amudim, ‘pillars’; numbers 2, 4, and 7 form the right pillar, the ‘Pillar of Love’; numbers 1, 6, 9, and 10 form the middle pillar, the ‘Pillar of Mercy’; numbers 3, 5, and 8 form the left pillar, the ‘Pillar of Judgment.’ The Sephiroth are united by links forming three more triads. The first, the uppermost triad, is composed of the Crown, Wisdom, and Intelligence; the second, of Love, Justice, and Beauty; the third, of Firmness, Majesty, and Foundation. These triads, according to the Zohar, form other triads. The three pillars together are known in the cabala as Ets-H˙aïm, the Tree of Life. See Adam Kadmon.
- n. In the cabala, the first ten numerals, as attributes and emanations of the Deity, compared to rays of light, and identified with Scripture names of God. By the Sephiroth the first and highest of four worlds was said to be formed. See cabalist.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Is that a water tree or a "sephiroth" - a Tree of Life - perched on the Lone Wolf's seatmast?
Each of the pillars has spheres, called sephiroth, placed at certain points on it, ten in all.
COPYRIGHTS GOES TO SQUARENIX, AND MUSIC USO BY SID this is a fight between me "Grand Master" and Middle Ages we will see who ` s the best one, my favourite character ((cloud strife)) or his sporth "sephiroth" iam killing sporth in the end of the clip and the war is still on عملت فيديوكليب قبل فترة وكان ذلك قبل معرفتي ب اعلان
February 12, 2010 at 4: 46 pm | Reply nice villains i especially like the shadowlords, but i have to agree with shoinan (as a hughe sephiroth fan) sephiroth should definetily be in it .. elmir Says:
February 3rd, 2007 at 5: 22 am lulu looks kind of cool to i just wish people wouldnt try to dress like sephiroth cause they just wont look like him no matter what
I love Cloud and sephiroth the most!!! please can u email me how u made them like that???? arielle Says:
Or I could find something weird (or mundane) in my interests to connect with the Thirty True Aethyrs or the 36 Secret Tzaddikim or the 32 parts (10 sephiroth, 22 paths) of the Tree of Life, or the 36 decans for that nice GURPS Cabal feel.
The sephiroth are connected to one another by twenty-two paths, and each of those twenty-two paths is represented by the twenty-two letters in the Hebrew alphabet.
Golden Dawn doctrines, especially the sephiroth-related grade system.
Instead, he advanced and pointed, indicating the third sephiroth, the one called Binah.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.