from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A tropical southeast Asian tree (Citrus maxima) closely related to the grapefruit and having very large round fruit with thick rinds and coarse-grained pulp.
- n. The edible yellow fruit of the shaddock.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. pomelo
- n. grapefruit
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tree (Citrus decumana) and its fruit, which is a large species of orange; -- called also forbidden fruit, and pompelmous.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tree, Citrus decumana, of the orange genus; also, its fruit.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large pear-shaped fruit similar to grapefruit but with coarse dry pulp
- n. southeastern Asian tree producing large fruits resembling grapefruits
After Captain Shaddock, 17th-century English ship commander.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)