from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An image produced by casting a shadow on a screen.
- n. See shadow play.
- n. See radiograph.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An optical technique of visualizing patterns of fluid flow by using differences in refractive index
- n. An X-ray image.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A shadow-picture.
- n. A radiograph or X-ray photograph; a sciagram.
- To outline in a shadow-picture on a screen.
- In photography, to take a picture of by means of X-rays, radium, or a similar source of actinic radiation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a photographic image produced on a radiosensitive surface by radiation other than visible light (especially by X-rays or gamma rays)
Sorry, no etymologies found.