from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of shoad.
- v. Alternative spelling of shoad.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The parting of the hair on the head.
- n. The top of the head; the head.
- See shoad, shoading.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Separation; distinction.
- n. A chasm or ravine.
- n. The line of parting of the hair on the head; the top of the head.
- n. In mining, a loose fragment of veinstone; a part of the outcrop of a vein which has been moved from its original position by gravity, marine or fiuviatile currents, glacial action, or the like.
- To seek for a vein or mineral deposit by following the shodes, or tracing them to the source from which they were derived.
- n. Refuse material used in the adulteration of oil-cake.
Sorry, no etymologies found.