from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shiny finish put on a pair of shoes by brushing and buffing with polish.
- n. The act or an instance of putting a shiny finish on shoes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of polishing shoes.
- n. The shiny finish on shoes that have been polished.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shiny finish put on shoes with polish and buffing
- n. the act of shining shoes
Sorry, no etymologies found.