from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The government, rule, or office of a shogun.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The administration of a shogun.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The office or dignity of a Shogun.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The office, power, or rule of a shogun; the government of a shogun.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a form of government in which the ruler is an absolute dictator (not restricted by a constitution or laws or opposition etc.)
Japanese 将軍 ("shogun") + -ate. (Wiktionary)