from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Obsolete form of shoal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plank fixed beneath an object, as beneath the rudder of a vessel, to protect it from injury; a plank on the ground under the end of a shore or the like.
- n. See shoal.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An obsolete form of shoal.
- n. An obsolete form of shoal.
- n. A piece of plank placed under the sole of a shore while a ship is building.
Sorry, no etymologies found.