from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An enclosed target range for practice or competition with firearms.
- n. Slang A place where illegal drugs may be obtained, prepared, and taken by injection, often with equipment provided on the premises.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A carnival game typically featuring a pellet gun and numerous moving mechanical tracks with small targets to be shot for prizes.
- n. Any game or match with lots of shooting (e.g. at a goal)
- n. A room where heroin users shoot heroin.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a range, usually covered, with targets for practice with firearms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A long room or gallery, having a target of some kind, and arranged for practice with firearms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a building (usually abandoned) where drug addicts buy and use heroin
- n. an enclosed firing range with targets for rifle or handgun practice
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.