from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having a distance between shoulders and waist that is shorter than average.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a short waist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having a short waist or body: applied to persons, and also to dresses, coats, or other garments covering the body.
- Pertaining to garments of this character: as, short-waisted fashion or style.
- Short-tempered; touchy; crusty.
Sorry, no etymologies found.