from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A cotton or linen fabric, usually sized or glazed, that is used especially for window shades, bookbinding, and upholstery.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A coarse woollen cloth used in furnishing
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of linen first manufactured in Holland; a linen fabric used for window shades, children's garments, etc..
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. . Linen imported from the Netherlands.
- n. Unbleached linen cloth, made in many places, but especially in Scotland.
- Made of linen from the Netherlands, or of unbleached linen.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a constitutional monarchy in western Europe on the North Sea; half the country lies below sea level
Middle English holand, after Holand (Holland), a former province of the Netherlands, from Middle Dutch.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)