from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person short in stature.
- n. A thing of less than average size, length, extension, or duration.
- adj. Of less than average size or length: shorty gloves; a shortie nightgown.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A short person.
- n. A term of endearment for a child, younger sibling, shorter person, etc.
- n. this sense?) (slang, hip-hop) An attractive young female, especially: a girl who is "down", who is counted among close male friends and sometimes loose sexually; or, one's "girl", one's "boo"; or, a girl that a male does not know but wishes to meet.
From short + -y. (Wiktionary)