from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A performance or performer that evokes so much applause from the audience that the show is temporarily interrupted.
- n. Informal A particularly arresting person or thing, especially one that draws attention away from others or brings a course of action to a halt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A performance or segment of a theatrical production that induces a positive reaction strong enough to pause the production.
- n. Any impediment that prevents all further progress; especially a software bug that must be fixed before any further development is possible
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an act so striking or impressive that the show must be delayed until the audience quiets down
- n. something that is strikingly attractive or has great popular appeal
show + stopper (Wiktionary)