from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A list of sick personnel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A list of people who are ill
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. a list containing the names of the sick.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A list of persons, especially in military or naval service, who are disabled by sickness.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a list of those who are ill (e.g. on a warship or in a regiment etc)
Sorry, no etymologies found.