from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The hospital and dispensary of a ship.
- n. A place where the sick or injured are treated.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A place used as a hospital on board a ship, on a spaceship (in science fiction).
- n. A room or area for the treatment of the sick or injured at a school, boarding school.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (nautical) a room for the treatment of the sick or injured (as on a ship)
Sorry, no etymologies found.