from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small rattlesnake (Crotalus cerastes) of the southwest United States and Mexico that moves by a distinctive lateral looping motion of its body and has two hornlike scaly projections above its eyes.
- n. A powerful swinging punch delivered from the side.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A North American rattlesnake, Crotalus cerastes, that inhabits lowland deserts.
- n. A person who is untrustworthy and dangerous.
- n. A heavy swinging blow from the side which disables an adversary.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See Horned rattler, under horned.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The small horned rattler or rattlesnake of the southwestern parts of the United States, Crotalus (Æchmophrys) cerastes.
- n. A heavy swinging blow from the side, which disables an adversary.
- n. In lumbering, a tree knocked down unexpectedly by the falling of another.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small pale-colored desert rattlesnake of southwestern United States; body moves in an s-shaped curve
- n. air-to-air missile with infrared homing device
side + winder. From the sideways, looping manner in which they move. (Wiktionary)