from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mature male gorilla having silvery white hair across the back.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A mature male of the several species of gorilla, so named from the silver streaking on its back.
- n. A dominant older human male.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The knot.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The knot or Canute, a sandpiper. See cut under Tringa.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an adult male gorilla with grey hairs across the back
silver + back. (Wiktionary)