American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A bathtub shaped like a chair in which one bathes in a sitting position, immersing only the hips and buttocks.
- n. A bath taken in such a tub especially for therapeutic reasons.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as hip-bath.
- n. A tub of wood, metal, etc., adapted for such a bath.
GNU Webster's 1913
- A tub in which one bathes in a sitting posture; also, a bath so taken; a hip bath.
- n. a bathtub in which your buttocks and hips are immersed as if you were sitting in a chair and you bathe in a sitting position
- Partial translation of German Sitzbad : Sitz, act of sitting (from sitzen, to sit, from Middle High German, from Old High German sizzen; see sed- in Indo-European roots) + Bad, bath. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘sitz bath’.
Words and things that rub me wrong
My Favorite Words
For double the fun, see also Congenital Conditions.
Looking for tweets for sitz bath.