from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small square sail above the royal in a square-rigged vessel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The sail set next above the royal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The sail set next above the royal. See Illust. under sail.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A light sail in a square-rigged vessel, next above the royal. It is sometimes called a skyscraper when it is triangular, also a sky-gazer. See cut under ship.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the sail above the royal on a square-rigger
sky + sail? (Wiktionary)